Today’s passage: Psalm 24
- The earth that we live on and all of the human beings who live on it, including you, belong to the Lord.
- Verses 4-5 remind us of a couple things:
- No one is qualified to ascend into heaven or able to stand fast in the holy place. We fall short.
- The hands will do what the heart desires.
- We receive blessing and righteousness from the Lord. We are saved by the grace of God.
- Lord of “Hosts” comes from the Hebrew word for armies. The LORD leads the angel armies and will never know defeat.
Questions to consider:
- Some people will ask why God calls one thing a sin and something else righteous. How does the fact that God is our Creator and therefore the owner and master of the universe help to answer this question?
- How does the fact that God is our Creator, Owner and Master affect the way we think about our sin? Is sin just doing bad things or is it something more?
- How does this thinking about sin and our condition before God make our forgiveness, our salvation, our gifted righteousness, and God’s promise to fight on our behalf even sweeter?