Today's passage: Psalm 33
- David's call for worship included shouts, singing, the stringed instruments of the day, new songwriting, and skillful playing.
- The Lord is worth getting excited about.
- The attributes of God ought to elicit our highest creativity.
- The Lord is worthy of our greatest skills and artistic efforts.
- The call to worship is followed by several reasons to worship.
- Everything else in this world falls short of God's glory and power.
Questions to consider:
- What things did David recount as reasons for us to worship the Lord in this Psalm? Which one(s) stick out the most to you?
- Should Christian music (And Christian art in general) be compared to what is being produced and marketed in secular society? Why or why not?
- Why do you think Christian music and movies are often considered to be “inferior” artistically to secular music and movies? How should we take caution when hearing the preferences and opinions of others (And when sharing our own)?
- Why did God give us music and art? What is its purpose? How could we use the creativity God gave us for His glory?