Today’s passage: Psalm 32
- We have a good reminder in today’s Psalm; David does not believe that those who are godly or living an upright life are without sin. Our righteousness is a gift of God’s grace!
- David felt terribly as long as he tried to cover up his sin. Confession and forgiveness brought freedom and joy.
- The Lord does not treat us like animals. He made us to be able to think, to reason. He wrote us a book!
Questions to consider:
- Why is it good for us to feel guilty when there is sin in our hearts? Why is it right for us to confess our sin to God? Is He a remote task-master or our Father? Is Jesus an impersonal sacrifice or our savior, friend, head of the church and bridegroom?
- How many ways/reasons does the Christian who pursues a relationship with God and righteousness in their life have joy? Why does it make sense to love and follow Christ?
- If we would be tempted to think the Word of God is too difficult or laborious, what would we be saying about God (And about ourselves)? During times when we would prefer an “easier” way, how might God’s view of you be higher than your own?