Today’s passage: Psalm 31
- Jesus quoted part of verse 5 from the cross prior to His death in Luke 23:46.
- God’s attributes confirm our hope in salvation. God will always do what He has promised to do.
- His name will always deserve honor.
- He will never fail as a refuge.
- His righteousness will never cease.
- Verse 10 reminds us that our sin can impact our physical health.
Questions to consider:
- When you are in distress, are you prone to turn to the Lord before you look for other ways out of trouble? Or, does God tend to be your second or third (or fourth…) option? How do you rightly decipher between being a responsible steward and relying totally on the Lord? (Trick question…) Are those two different things or are they the same?
- Should we only commit our spirit to God when we are in dire situations? Did Jesus wait until He was dying to do this or do you think He was restating something that was always true?
- Why should it bother us when we see others disrespecting God and going after other idols? What should bother us about it? How could we respond in a way that shows a love for the Lord and for those people?