Today’s passage: Psalm 45
- This is a Messianic Psalm. Though it’s content seems like it could have been written for Solomon, Christ (The Anointed One – Verse 7) should be in view.
- This Psalm is cited in Hebrews 1:8-9.
- The king rides out in victory for the cause of truth and meekness and righteousness!
- Remember, the bride of the King will be clothed in His righteousness. (Isaiah 61:10)
Questions to consider:
- Who is the bride of Christ? (Ephesians 5:25-27, 2 Corinthians 11:2, Revelation 19:7-9)
- How could verses 10-11 be compared to passages like 2 Corinthians 5:14-17 or Ephesians 4:17-24?
- Why was the Psalmist motivated to write and sing? (Verse 1) What is true of our actions when our hearts are filled with the love of Christ?