Today’s passage: Psalm 47
- God is not great because we praise Him. He is great and so we are right to praise Him.
- He is the Lord Most High, He is to be feared.
- All peoples are to join in this praise. This psalm calls the Jews and all Gentiles together in praise.
- Our praise to God is not a compulsory chore. God has chosen to give us an inheritance! We praise Him because He is worthy and because He has given us reason for joy!
Questions to consider:
- Sinclair Ferguson said, “When you have a superficial view of sin, you will have a superficial view of grace.” How can an overblown view of ourselves steal away our ability to enjoy and praise God?
- What are some reasons that God is worthy of all worship? Which of His attributes amaze you the most?
- In what way does Jesus and the Gospel message give us specific reason to be thankful for our inheritance and cause us to rejoice?