Today’s passage: Psalm 5
- The preparation of the sacrifice in verse 3 is of prayer. David prepared to pray and then watched expectantly for the Lord’s answer.
- The difference between the wicked and the righteous? The abundance of God’s steadfast love (Grace) and our fear of Him.
- Proverbs 3:5-6 – “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.”
Questions to consider:
- Does God’s love and grace, and then our fear of Him, precede or follow our change from a life of wickedness to our pursuit of righteousness?
- From where does this Psalm say our joy, rejoicing, exulting, and blessings come?
- How can David’s example of preparation and expectation in his prayer life help us to grow?