Today’s passage: Psalm 54
- The people of Ziph informed Saul of David’s whereabouts in both 1 Samuel 23 and 26.
- After pointing out that his enemies do not “set God before themselves”…David sets God before himself. David meditated on the attributes and the works of God.
- God had made a specific promise to David. Therefore, David could be confident while trusting in the Lord and make offerings by his own free will as opposed to trying to barter with God for a favor.
Questions to consider:
- When David ran away from one enemy, what did he find in his new location? What will we find if we continue to put all our hope/trust/confidence in people?
- What promises has God made to you? What does the Word of God say will come to pass for all those in Christ?
- How can you put those truths about God and promises from God before yourself to help you remember?