Today’s passage: Psalm 61
- When David felt far from God and lacked personal strength, he believed that God could hear his prayer and he desired fellowship and protection in God.
- God was not enabled to hear only because David believed. That is how Santa Claus works in the movies…that is not how God works.
- David’s desire was to be in the house (Tabernacle/Tent) of the Lord (Verse 4).
- Even if I became a king, God would still be “higher” than me. He is the Lord of Lords and the King of Kings.
- Verses 6-7 are fulfilled in King Jesus!
Questions to consider:
- How does a right view (a high view) of God help us to grow in our prayer, in our worship, in our desire for righteous living?
- Why should we love to be in church? If church isn’t a place of rest, encouragement, growth, learning, repentance, then what is wrong? (With me? and/or In the church?)
- How can Christ’s eternal reign encourage you to persevere even when you feel like you are at the end of the earth…or at the “end of your rope”?