Today's passage: Psalm 65
- It is only right to praise the Lord. It is wrong to not praise Him.
- God's powerful display of common grace (Depicted in verses 6-13) requires every person on the face of the earth to come to Him for help and provision, whether they admit it or not.
- All benefit from God's kindness in the things of the earth. Some are chosen, atoned for, and saved to fully enjoy and be satisfied with the goodness of God.
Questions to consider:
- How does this Psalm turn the argument of God not being loving toward those who are not saved on its head? How patient is our God with all people? How many of us deserve salvation? How many of us deserve rain, sunshine, the harvest, breath in our lungs, etc.?
- What is the hope of the people of Asia, Africa, Europe, South America, North America, Australia, etc.? Who is their only hope?
- How gracious is God to hear our prayers, atone for our sins and allow us to enjoy and be satisfied in Him forever!?