Today’s passage: Psalm 96
- The “People of God” was never intended to be limited to the Hebrew people, nor any other race or ethnicity today. (Romans 4:16-18, Galatians 3:7, Revelation 7:9-10)
- Every other god that this world has ever worshiped is a figment of imagination. There is only one true God.
- This psalm is a magnificent call to global evangelism! Every soul on the face of the earth (Including everyone in your home town) will stand before our holy God and needs to hear the gospel message.
Questions to consider:
- There have been many debates concerning missions and enculturation. Should missions be stopped in order to “preserve cultures” around the world? Does culture shape our worship or does our worship shape our culture? If our country’s culture becomes more and more “post-Christian” will it be wrong to evangelize here too?
- Who gets to decide whether missions and evangelism is a good idea? If the entire world says to stop preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ, what are Christians to do? Whom do we obey?
- Are you obeying? Who can you be praying for to be saved? How can you engage in relationships and/or ministries that present opportunities to share Christ? How are you participating in the mission of the church? Be encouraged to take the next step of growth!