Today’s passage: 1 Samuel 24:1-22
- In doing anything against Saul, David violated his conscience.
- “Out of the wicked comes wickedness.” (See Question #1 below for more info)
- Saul has now confirmed what Jonathan did in 23:17. David will be the king.
Questions to consider:
- Why do we do the things that we do? Why do we say the things we say? (Proverbs 4:23, Matthew 15:18, James 1:14, Ephesians 4:22-24)
- Whose glory did David seem to be concerned with, God’s or his own? How did this help him grow, to have a well-calibrated conscience? (John 15:4-11, 2 Corinthians 3:18)
- Who was going to make David the king? Why could David not take vengeance into his own hands? (Romans 12:19)