Today’s passage: 1 Samuel 26:1-25
- The Ziphites were part of the tribe of Judah. The conflict (Or lack thereof) between Saul and David was felt and wrestled with in and among the nation of Israel.
- David had learned to trust God’s timing and justice after the events surrounding the death of Nabal.
- This is now the second time Saul has promised David not to do any harm.
Questions to consider:
- Saul had 3,000 troops and the support of a clan in Judah. David was seeking to honor the Lord and preserve the life of the king. Who had the advantage in this conflict?
- David has also sadly learned not to trust Saul. When Saul asked David to return, what did David do in response? Does David believe Saul is being genuine in his repentance?
- What does true repentance result in? If I am sinning, and I realize my sin, by God’s grace how will I respond? (Ephesians 4:22-32)