Today’s passage: Daniel 4:19-27
- Daniel has the not-so-sought after job of telling King Nebuchadnezzar bad news…
- Daniel doesn’t shrink back from his job. This shows his loyalty to the Lord and to the king. “Speak the truth in love” (Ephesians 4:15).
- He shows genuine sadness for what will come upon the king.
- He pleads with the king to repent.
Questions to consider:
- What could the king have done if he had not liked Daniel’s interpretation and especially his advice? What could have happened to Daniel?
- How did Daniel’s response (advice included) show that he was truly loyal and looking out for the king’s best interest? Is it more loving to tell the truth or to avoid the risk of hurting someone’s feelings?
- How could this passage help you to share with your brothers and sisters in Christ when they are in sin?
- How could this passage help you to listen when your brothers and sisters love you by helping you to see your own sin?