Today’s passage: Ecclesiastes 5:8-20
- Governments focused on self-interest will hurt it’s people (Which will not go unnoticed by the Lord). Governments busy working for the good of productivity in the land will be a blessing to all.
- Focus on money/riches does not satisfy, whether you possess much or little. Laboring can be joyful and lead to rest, whether you possess much or little.
- Some will be wealthy. Some will not. Both can accept what God has given them, continue to work hard and enjoy living.
- Both the rich and the not-rich can enjoy their work.
- Both the rich and the not-rich who won’t work will have nothing to enjoy.
- The lazy rich will not be satisfied with their leisure.
- The lazy poor refuse to accept their “lot” because they are only focused on what they don’t have.
Questions to consider:
- In what ways is servant leadership beneficial, even in government?
- How does the love of money hurt both the rich and the poor?
- Why is it right to view work as a gift from God? How could you show thankfulness for your job? How does your salvation in Christ make this possible?