Today’s passage: Ecclesiastes 6:1-12
- This chapter is a continuation of the second half of chapter 5.
- It is quite possible to have everything you could ever want and still be unsatisfied.
- The three conditions for a perfect life in that time were wealth, many children and many years. Solomon mentions all three.
- No matter how much wealth, power, life, etc. any one of us may have, no one under the sun compares to the One who has “Named” all things, knows man and is “Stronger than he.”
Questions to consider:
- If man’s words are vanity, then whose words hold value?
- If nothing under the sun satisfies, then where should our greatest enjoyment lie?
- If I cannot change the destiny of mankind, then who should I trust?