Today’s passage: Ephesians 1:1-2
- Paul did not become an apostle because it was his life’s dream. He was fully engaged in persecuting Christians. But God had other plans.
- To be a saint is to be set apart as God’s holy people. Again, God is the one doing the “setting apart.”
- Grace is unmerited favor.
- True peace comes from God, through the blood of Jesus Christ.
Questions to consider:
- Why would a zealous Jewish Pharisee and group of Gentiles from Turkey have anything to do with each other? Who orchestrated this connection? Who changed the hearts of all these people to make them have a love and respect for each other?
- Why did Paul, the Ephesian Church, and you and I, need God’s grace? What is the Gospel message?
- What should be the result of God’s grace in a group of people? Why should there be peace and unity in our Church?