Today’s passage: Ephesians 1:11-14
- If Jesus is your Lord, you are also His joint-heir!
- Salvation comes from hearing the word of truth – the Gospel – and then believing.
- One of the ministries of the Holy Spirit is to serve as a guarantee of our inheritance.
- You receive the Holy Spirit at salvation, not later.
- The Holy Spirit will not stop serving as a guarantee/down payment until you receive your whole inheritance.
Questions to consider:
- Why were we predestined? Who gave God counsel? How does this glorify God?
- What was God’s motivation? How can you bring Him glory today?
- How does the promised ministry of the Holy Spirit give you confidence in the permanence of your salvation? Can you choose to lose something which God has guaranteed of His own volition and for His own glory?