Today’s passage: Ephesians 1:15-23
- Paul gives thanks for the Church in Ephesus because they are bringing glory to God.
- Paul’s prayer for the Ephesian Church:
- That knowing God would result in wisdom and understanding of the truth.
- That they would know what it is they are looking forward to. (Think Philippians 3:14)
- That they would understand just how powerful God is, now and forever.
- Jesus Christ is the Head. The Church is His body.
Questions to consider:
- What is our greatest prize and inheritance? Is anything better than God Himself?
- If there are other things that you prize MORE HIGHLY than being with God and being without sin, then what is your definition of Heaven? What is your definition of the bad news (What is my greatest problem)? And what is your definition of the good news, the Gospel?
- To Whom does the Church belong? How does that decide our purpose and function? How does that truth change us from consumers to contributors when we think of “church”?