Today’s passage: Hebrews 3:1-6
- Jesus is superior to Moses.
- Moses was sent by God as a servant to lead His people out of bondage from Egypt. Moses was a servant in God’s “house.”
- Jesus was sent by God as a servant to lead His people (Including Moses) out of bondage from sin. Jesus is a servant AND the Son “over His own house.” (Verses 3 & 6)
- Apostle means, “sent one.”
- Christ was sent by God. The Apostles we normally think about, were sent by Christ before His ascension (With the exception of Paul).
- Perseverance in the faith is the evidence of sincerity of faith (Verse 6).
Questions to consider:
- With this comparison stated in the passage, in what way did Moses serve as a type of the coming Christ? What did he do that gave an example of what the Messiah would eventually do?
- In what ways is Christ the “builder” of His house? How does He build His house? (Matthew 16:18)
- Why can those with a sincere faith in Christ be confident in knowing we will hold our confidence in Him to the end? Whose word do we base this hope on? (Philippians 1:6, Romans 8:28-30)