Today’s passage: Isaiah 35
- When John the Baptist was in prison and discouraged, Christ instructed his disciples, “Go and tell John what you hear and see: the blind receive their sight and the lame walk, lepers are cleansed and the deaf hear, and the dead are raised up, and the poor have good news preached to them. And blessed is the one who is not offended by me.” (Matthew 11:2-6)
- Ransomed means to “obtain the release of a prisoner by making a payment demanded.”
- Redeemed means to “gain or regain possession of something in exchange for payment.”
- The “ransomed of the Lord” and the “redeemed” are going to walk in “the Way of Holiness” and see the glory and majesty of God.
Questions to consider:
- How many things can you find that will no longer be a problem in the time described in this chapter?
- Who will be able to enjoy that day and enjoy God in His glory? Why are we able to look forward to that day? What/Who has made it happen?
- How does this passage give us reason for great humility AND great confidence?