Today’s passage: Joshua 10:1-15
- Gibeon wasn’t just a city close by…it was a great city close by.
- The Israel-Gibeon treaty resulted in an immediate challenge from a coalition of five kings.
- God promised Joshua total victory, and God delivered it in a way that could not be confused as being the work of any man.
- More soldiers were killed by hailstones during their twenty mile retreat than by any men.
- The day was prolonged to allow for total destruction of the enemy forces.
Questions to consider:
- What characteristic of Israel was being tested in this passage? Did they really love the GIbeonites? Why did they come to their aid?
- What was the most amazing aspect of this day according to verse 14? What was even more impressive than the hail stones and the prolonging of the day?
- What would be an appropriate encouragement for application from this passage? What kind of application would be “taking it too far”?