Today's passage: Joshua 10:16-28
- This passage gives detail of the completion of the battle of Gibeon.
- Joshua was now passing on God's command to him, “Do not be afraid or dismayed; be strong and courageous.”
- But, not because he was the most amazing leader or because Israel was full of so many great warriors.
- “For thus the Lord will do…”
- Israel now knows that whether on the offensive or when being attacked, the Lord would give them the victory as they obeyed Him.
Questions to consider:
- What was to bring the Israelites confidence in their battles?
- How would this knowledge and witness to all that the Lord was doing have influenced their lives on a day to day basis? How would these feats have motivated them to righteous living?
- Why do we have this book of the Bible? What are we learning about the Lord? How should it impact us today?