Today’s passage: Joshua 11:1-23
- After the summary of the southern campaign, chapter 11 turns to the north.
- Joshua’s role as leader and Moses’ successor is heavily reiterated.
- This chapter sums up a series of battles that took “a long time”. These battles didn’t take place in a day.
- Remember, the death of these peoples was God’s plan for the judgment of their sin (Genesis 15:16).
Questions to consider:
- Why did these people continue to fight against Israel? What does it say in verse 20?
- How is the hardening similar to the hardening of Pharaoh’s heart? What was the purpose of the hardening? Were these people trying to repent and trust in the Lord before their hearts were hardened?
- In what ways does God’s perfect justice display His glory? How can God be just and declare believers righteous (2 Corinthians 5:21)?