Today’s passage: Matthew 8:28-34
- In the last few days, we have learned that Jesus has authority over diseases, disciples, natural disasters and now today, demons.
- Everyone in the area was afraid of these two demon-possessed men. But the demons were afraid of Jesus!
- The demons had fear because of their belief. We often have fear because of our unbelief.
- The passage says nothing of the people’s concern for the pigs or for the two men. They wanted to meet Jesus.
- Once they met Him, they wanted Jesus to leave.
Questions to consider:
- It’s easy to focus on the pigs, the townspeople, or even the demons in this passage. But, who was Jesus serving? Who was the focus of His attention and help?
- Why was it right for the demons to fear Jesus?
- Is there anything or anyone who has power over Jesus?
- How can believing who Jesus is help you to overcome fear/worry/anxiety?