Today’s passage: Psalm 100
- The service God calls us to is not a begrudging service. We get to serve with gladness!
- Goodness is, “The doctrine that God is the final standard of good, and that all that God is and does is worthy of approval.” – Wayne Grudem
- God has made us. We are His. AND, God has redeemed us. We are His!
Questions to consider:
- What important truths about God are written in this psalm? What are we to know about Him? What does that knowledge necessitate in response?
- Though it would be right for the entire world to serve and praise God right now, when will this psalm be truly followed? When will the whole world worship the Lord?
- How does verse 3 simplify our perspective and enable us to have joy in service in the midst of the stress of life? When we are tired, stressed, aggravated in our service, what kinds of things are we thinking about that elicit those emotions? How could the picture of being sheep in God’s pasture possibly alleviate those struggles?