Today’s passage: Psalm 99
- Just as praise and joy are fitting given the victory the Lord provides (Psalm 98), trembling at His power is also a fitting response.
- The Lord is set apart from all His creation (Holy). There is no one like Him!
- For a good read on the holiness of God, check out this book by R.C. Sproul.
- The Lord executes (Administers) justice and righteousness (Verse 4). And the Lord forgives and avenges wrong-doing (Verse 8).
Questions to consider:
- Why is God’s name “Awesome?” What truths about God inspire awe and worship?
- What does verse 9 call on the reader to do in response to who God is? Why is this right? How does right exaltation and worship of the Lord change your perspective and actions in the every day/every moment of life?
- How does God administer both justice AND righteousness? How does the Lord both forgive AND avenge sin? What role did Jesus Christ (Our King and Suffering Servant) play in making these apparent contradictions possible? (Galatians 3:13, 2 Corinthians 5:21)