Today’s passage: Psalm 104
- “He that learns to look rightly on seas and mountains, on beasts and birds, on sun and moon and stars sees God in all things.” – C. H. Spurgeon
- The result of seeing the majesty in God in creation…is worship!
- God set the earth in its place. It will never be moved without His approval.
- Here’s some fun reading on the leviathan if you are interested:
Questions to consider:
- Taking care of the environment can be a good thing to do, but why and to what extent? What should motivate us to have right “dominion” over the earth (Genesis 1:28-31)? What fear is the only fear that should motivate us to use and/or take care of the earth rightly?
- How do verses 31-35 tie together the logical progression from seeing God’s glory in creation to the end of pursuing the glory of God with our whole lives? Why is it right to live for Christ?
- How does the first request from verse 35 not include Christians? Why are we not consumed? (Romans 4:4-5)