Today’s passage: Psalm 14
- Atheism is a product of foolishness, not intellect.
- We can win academic, intellectual arguments and still not lead a person to Christ.
- You don’t have to hold a PhD to share the Gospel. You just have to love the person enough to tell them the truth.
- There isn’t a single person on the earth (including you and I) who would seek God or understand His ways on their own.
- The “There” in verse 5 is the presence of the Lord. He is a refuge to the righteous and a terror to the wicked.
Questions to consider:
- If no one understands or seeks God, how can anyone become righteous? (Romans 3:9-26)
- Why shouldn’t we be surprised that there are atheists in the world (Along with anyone else who believes in other gods but doesn’t believe in the True God)?
- Since unbelief is not an intellectual matter, what approach should we take to evangelism? Do we have to win academic arguments with people to win them to Christ or can we simply share the truth of the Gospel with them? (John 3:1-18)