Today’s passage: Psalm 13
- This Psalm can be divided into three sections:
- Verses 1-2 – God, where are You and why aren’t You doing anything?
- Verses 3-4 – God, I know you have a reason, please help me understand.
- Verses 5-6 – God, I joyfully praise you for your faithfulness and salvation.
Questions to consider:
- Do you think David moved through these three phases of emotion in or after his hardship quickly or would it take some time?
- How could these three phases of David’s struggle help you to think through how you are doing during times of suffering?
- What (Or Who) was the one constant center of thought which helped David to eventually come to a place of praise and joy in God (Potentially even in the midst of his continued troubles)?