Today’s passage: Psalm 146
- The psalm begins and ends with “Praise the LORD!” or from the Hebrew “Hallelujah!”
- God is ultimately worthy of our eternal trust and hope.
- All the power and wealth in this world pale in comparison to the power and worth of our God. The “weakest” person who has God is more blessed that the “strongest” person without God.
Questions to consider:
- What attributes of God do we see on display in this psalm?
- How would the characteristics shared of man in verses 3-4 be spoken of in reference to God? e.g. There is no salvation in man, but what about in God? Man’s plans perish, but what about God’s?
- Who does not hope in the Lord (Verse 9)? What would be their outcome? What does the truth of verse 10 demand for anyone who would refuse to submit to the Lord? What does the hope of the last line of verse 7 and following offer to those who are bound by sin?