Today’s passage: Psalm 147
- The three stanzas of this psalm start out, “Praise…”, “Sing…”, “Praise.”
- God is sovereign over every detail in all of creation and He has chosen to have a relationship with those who fear Him. He is far above and beyond all we could comprehend and yet He draws near to His people with steadfast love.
- It is a special thing to be a child of God. We must not take it for granted.
Questions to consider:
- How does considering the immensity of God’s power, knowledge, and rule humble us? Why is this humility right and good? What is the good that results from our humbling?
- According to this psalm, how many things do we have that we should thank God for? Is there any good gift that isn’t from the Father (James 1:17)?
- In what ways have the truths of verses 19-20 appeared to have “changed” after the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20)? In what ways are those truths still the same?