Today’s passage: Psalm 18:25-50
- David acknowledges the Lord’s work in giving him victory (Even in his preparation and physical strength) and in so doing remains humble.
- Even though the people all around were fearful at the presence of David’s power, he knew that it was God who was to be exalted.
- David did not think it normal for other people to be “cringing” in his presence.
- David recounts the covenant that God has made. This wasn’t just about him. There was an offspring and a blessing that would last forever…Jesus Christ.
Questions to consider:
- Why must we remember God’s work in our lives? How does praising Him keep us humble and give us proper perspective?
- Is there anything that occurs on the earth that is beyond the reach of God’s power? How can this give us peace (Even when we aren’t getting what we “want”)?
- How has God blessed you and given you victory? Praise God for His wonderful grace! And, then pray to Him if there are other areas of struggle that you are in the middle of right now.