Today’s passage: Psalm 19
- God has revealed Himself to us through General and Special revelation.
- General revelation declares the existence and glory of God. In Romans 1:20 Paul writes that creation teaches us about God’s eternal power and divine nature. We can know from looking at creation of the God who is eternal, powerful and divine.
- Special revelation (Such as Scripture) tells us much more.
- The perfection of Scripture is referring to its completeness. Scripture is lacking nothing. There is nothing we need to know that God has not revealed to us. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- Discernment, understanding, self-awareness of sin, and godly thinking and desires come as a result of learning the Scriptures.
Questions to consider:
- What were the characteristics of Scripture listed in verses 7-11? What do those characteristics result in when we apply the truths of Scripture?
- How can some people see creations and read the Bible and not learn anything about God or righteousness? What must be true of our hearts when we come to the Scriptures or look at creation in order to gain anything from them?
- Why is the word of God sweeter than honey? How has the Word of God been better for you than other things we might desire?