Today’s passage: Psalm 20
- The sacrifices God regarded were given with loving, humble hearts (Hosea 6:6).
- David gives testimony of God’s past provision and reminds Israel that blessing, shelter, and victory come from God. The king of Israel is telling his people to pray and trust in God.
- The person who wholeheartedly agrees with verse 5 will have different desires and plans to pray for (Verse 4).
Question to consider:
- What happens when we actively pursue joy and victory and favor and desires, etc. elsewhere? (Verse 8)
- How has God already sent you help, regarded your offering with favor, and granted you victory?
- How are our desires, planning and prayers affected when we are actively pursuing joy in Christ?