Today’s passage: Psalm 2
- This is a “Messianic Psalm”, pointing us to Jesus Christ.
- “Kiss the Son” from verse 12 could also be translated as, “Pay homage”, or something like bowing to the king.
- We should expect the nations to set themselves against God and against Jesus Christ. And, we can expect them to be defeated. Jesus will rule and reign as King of Kings and Lord of Lords!
Questions to consider:
- What kinds of things do we learn about God in this Psalm? Do you believe in the eternal, righteous and sovereign power of God?
- What word describes the plotting of people? Could this be true not only of the nations warring against God but also of individual people who will not submit to His lordship?
- How does a person take refuge in God? How can we be saved from His just wrath? How can taking refuge in God help us not only in eternity but also today, tomorrow and every day?