Today’s passage: Psalm 3
- It can be easy to remember to cry out to God when trouble comes. It is harder to remember that He is your glory during times of trouble and times of peace.
- David’s throne was not his glory.
- David’s wealth was not his glory.
- The praise of the people was not his glory.
- The defeat of David’s enemies was not his glory.
- God was his glory.
- Salvation is the Lord’s doing.
Questions to consider:
- When God is not our glory, what things do we look for to be our shield?
- Why did David cry out to the Lord in his distress and not to a trusted aid?
- Why could David (And you) be confident that the Lord brings salvation and blessing on His people? What does that blessing look like? When will we see final and full victory?