Today’s passage: Psalm 22:19-31
- Satan’s attack against Christ was not only thwarted, but served to defeat him. Christ won the victory.
- The story of Jesus Christ and our salvation should confirm in our hearts that God is worthy of praise, glory and awe.
- This praise, glory, and awe will extend into the millennial kingdom (And certainly beyond) as people from all over the earth recount the grace of God and the work of Jesus Christ!
Questions to consider:
- Though Satan could be compared to a ferocious dog, the mouth of a hungry lion, or the horns of a disgruntled ox, how does his power stack up against God’s? What will all of his attempts to take the throne result in?
- Sometimes we forget how big of a deal Jesus is and we don’t worship and live for Him as is right. What kinds of thoughts and desires occupy our minds and can tend to distract us from the greatest good?
- What seems more impressive, finding out how much better you feel because of Jesus or who Jesus is and what He has done? What will people be compelled to proclaim during the reign of Jesus (Verse 31)? How might that affect our evangelism now? Are positive feelings really the best, most glorious thing we have to offer?