Today’s passage: Psalm 37:1-22
- Delighting in the Lord changes our thinking and our desires.
- Delighting in the Lord is not a ticket to material prosperity.
- Delighting in the Lord is a paradigm shift of values.
- Fretting (Being anxious) tends to evil.
- It is better to be in the hand of the Lord than to have many possessions in your own hands.
Questions to consider:
- What would make us envious of wrongdoers? What do they have that we would want and why do we want it?
- How does delighting in the Lord change our desires (our wants)? What kinds of desires do you wish to see changed in your own heart?
- What does it mean to wait on the Lord instead of fretting and acting impatiently? What do you have to believe by faith in order to successfully wait?