Today’s passage: Psalm 36
- A low view of God results in an exalted view of myself. Neither is correct.
- David remedies these wrong views by recounting the attributes of God.
- When we remember that God is the rightful Lord and judge, we see other people differently as well.
Questions to consider:
- Why does a high view of ourselves (Pride) result in so much sin? What is found when we magnify our own hearts and self-interested desires?
- How does a right view of God change our relationship with Him and to Him? How does it help us to agree with Paul in 2 Corinthians 5:9?
- Why won’t people and their opinions be able to control me when I rightly fear the Lord?