Today's passage: Psalm 38
- Sin did not bring happiness to David's life.
- Sin did not bring true friends or companionship into David's life.
- Sin did not prevent the wicked from pursuing the destruction of David's life.
- 1 John 1:9 – If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Questions to consider:
- What did sin bring into David's life?
- What are the things we desire the most that push us toward sin? How can you renew your mind (Change your thinking) about those desires?
- Even though this Psalm doesn't tell us how God responded to David's confession, how do we know God responded? How does God's faithfulness to love us even after we sin encourage us to love and be faithful to Him?