Today’s passage: Psalm 43
- The world is not going to agree with true Christians and support their belief. This world is not our home.
- God’s truth is the light that will guide us through these darkened days.
- When we get distracted by the lure of the world, we will think God has abandoned us (Or that He is unable to help) and discouragement is sure to come. But when we go back to the truth of God’s Word, we will find joy…exceeding joy…in Him!
Questions to consider:
- What kinds of things happen and what things might people say in this world that get me discouraged (What am I not getting that I want)? Why do I get so discouraged by them (Think motivations, desires, goals)?
- What truths from God’s Word bring you joy? What truths about the character and nature of God bring you joy? What could you do to help you keep these truths in the front of your mind?
- Do I believe that joy in God is possible in the midst of my trial? Why or why not? Am I willing to talk to somebody about it?