Today’s passage: Psalm 6
- Our anguish, anxieties, depression, guilt, etc. can affect our physical bodies.
- David appeals to God for a longer life. The basis of his appeal? To display God’s steadfast love for all to see.
- David’s refuge in the midst of suffering comes from his personal relationship with Yahweh.
Questions to consider:
- Was David’s appeal against those who were “workers of evil” based on the idea that he was better than them? Why not? How does the first part of this Psalm show that is not the case?
- Why was David ultimately able to look forward with confidence, potentially even before this crisis was resolved? What things had God done that preceded this time?
- How has God answered your prayers in the past? How could the faithful practice of prayer help you to grow in your personal relationship with the LORD?