Today’s passage: Psalm 7
- In this Psalm, David is crying out to the Lord after having been falsely accused of a specific wrong doing. David is not making a case for his total righteousness, simply for innocence in this matter.
- God righteously judges people’s actions all the way to their thoughts and motives.
- God is constantly involved and discerning everyone’s thoughts and activities. He is not distant, distracted, or disinterested.
Questions to consider:
- What did David believe that helped him to praise and thank God during this stressful time?
- How could the honesty and emotion of this prayer encourage you in your prayer life?
- How does God’s omniscience (He knows everything), encourage you to pursue righteousness, and to be thankful for His loving gift of Jesus Christ?