Today's passage: Psalm 67
- Verse 1 refers back to the Aaronic blessing from Numbers 6:22-27.
- This psalm gives a reason for this blessing on Israel…the fruit that should come from Israel's receiving of this blessing.
- This psalm reveals that this “yielded increase” is God's doing from beginning to end. God is the giver grace, salvation and gladness.
Questions to consider:
- In what way has the prayer of this Psalm already been answered? Why do you know of the saving power of God? Where are you? Who are you? How did these truths and blessing and salvation come to you?
- In what way does the prayer of this Psalm continue on today? Why should we continue to pray that the nations be glad and sing for joy?
- When is the work of the church done? Once you become a Christian, what do you automatically also become (Matthew 28:19-20)? From whom must the nations hear of God's saving power through Jesus Christ?