Today's passage: Psalm 69:30-36
- Micah 6:6-8
- Only the humbled can appreciate the mercy and grace of God. Pride insists on recognition of our acts.
- Humility produces gladness/JOY. Pride produces bitterness.
- God will save Zion. It will be possessed, inherited and dwelt in by His people.
- Christ has risen from the dead. The battle is already won.
Questions to consider:
- What is the incredible irony of the insistence of the proud to receive recognition for their acts? What do all men deserve? (Romans 6:23)
- Why are we on the victorious side of this war? What was accomplished? Who accomplished it? What remains to be done?
- How does our humility in the midst of all this truth give us greater joy than if we had to accomplish it all on our own?