Today’s passage: Psalm 70
- Those who say “Aha, aha!” (In mockery) are headed toward shame. Those who seek the Lord will rejoice and be glad.
- One of the weapons of the enemy is this foolish verbal taunting. Though David knew the truth, he did not combat the enemy with it. He simply prayed to the Lord and rested in the truth.
- In spite of all David’s wealth/power, in the face of adversity, he knew who was really in control.
Questions to consider:
- Why is it so much better to turn to God first than to attempt to devise our own plan against someone who is attacking us?
- Why does saying “Aha, aha!” right back at our adversaries (Even when we are right) not solve the problem? What do they need more than to lose an argument?
- Can you rest in the truths of God’s promises and ask for deliverance from trials at the same time? How does your faith in His power and also in His sovereignty use all things for your good encourage you to fervently pray and to be patient?