Today’s passage: Revelation 11:15-19
- The seventh and final trumpet sounds and Christ is king.
- This passage is held by most as the second coming of Christ.
- This confirms the idea that the seal, trumpet and bowl judgments are not necessarily in exact chronological order. There is overlap in the times they take place.
- Verse 19 could be understood as the first verse of the next vision.
Questions to consider:
- What is promised for God’s people (and for the world) when Christ returns?
- For what is the Lord worshiped by the elders at the sounding of the seventh trumpet?
- If this is what is to come, how should we live now? If this is what is in heaven presently and simply yet to be revealed and completed, how should we live now? How do these truths and promises impact our confidence, assurance, identity, and purpose?