Today’s passage: Philippians 3:12-16
- We were saved by God’s grace. Christ grabbed a hold of us. He will see us through to our final sanctification and eternal reward.
- None of us have arrived yet. We were dead in our sins and trespasses and are on our way to glory. But for now, we are in the process of progressive sanctification.
- This gives us reason for humility.
- This gives us reason for hope.
- This gives us reason for hospitality.
- Christ is holding us firmly in His grip, may we strive forward to what’s ahead.
- We are to long for God’s heavenly call because our prize is there, Jesus Christ.
Questions to consider:
- There’s a lot of holding, or obtaining, or possessing going on in this passage. What are all the forms (Synonyms) of possessing or holding that you can find? What do they teach us?
- What does verse 15 teach us about maturity? What does a knowledge of the truth have to do with maturity? What does a valuing and delighting in truth have to do with maturity (Responding in obedience)? Who ultimately ensures the maturity of the Christian?
- What kinds of things do you strain and press for? Why is Jesus worth straining toward? What does that straining and pressing look like on this side of Heaven?