Today’s passage: Matthew 17:14-21
- You can read from Mark 9 and Luke 9 for parallel accounts of this narrative.
- This boy was demon-possessed. Satan’s desire is to destroy.
- Remember that a mustard seed is small, but a large plant results from its growth. The faith that starts out small as a mustard seed will grow and become powerful.
Questions to consider:
- How does the context of this conversation help us to understand our own application? To whom was Jesus talking? What had He specifically gifted them and called them to do? What was the purpose of the miracles they were doing?
- How could this passage then rightly be applied in our prayer and walk with Christ?
- When is the power/size of our faith revealed?